Do you ever have those nights where you want to eat something healthy but you don’t want to cook? You end up looking at the popcorn in your cupboard and decide that it is, in fact, a well-rounded meal. It’s not like I’m speaking from personal experience here or anything. 😉
Okay, but for real, I love to cook and I have some nights that I come home from work and I have dishes piling up, 1,000 pictures to edit, a laundry pile the size of Mount Borah, and absolutely no motivation to cook. So, what’s my solution for those nights? An easy meal that doesn’t take too much thought! So, today that’s exactly what I’m going to be sharing with you guys. Keep on scrolling for the recipe!
This time I got all of my vegetables at Sprouts farmer’s market! I try and go there as often as I can during the summer to stock up on fresh fruit and vegetables and also to support them. They are the best!
This is usually how I chop my vegetables for this recipe but I actually decided to chop my green and yellow zucchini even smaller so that they would cook faster.
I start with cooking the onions. I find that they take a little longer to cook than the zucchini and tomatoes do.
For seasonings, I like using salt, pepper, basil, and this garlic & herb seasoning!
I love this recipe because of just how fresh it tastes! It makes a great side dish without hamburger, but when you add protein it works well as a main dish!
- 1-2 green zucchini (depending upon size, if small do two)
- 1-2 yellow zucchini (depending upon size)
- 4-5 garden tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1lb hamburger or turkey (optional)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 TB garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start off by cooking the ground beef or turkey (if using). Drain and set aside after it is cooked.
- Then, slice your onion, chop your zucchini into quartered slices and chop your tomatoes into larger chunks.
- Put one Tablespoon of olive oil into a large pan and start cooking the onion over medium/high heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes
- After the Onion has been cooking for a few minutes, put in the yellow and green zucchini and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and seasonings and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooked hamburger (or turkey) and heat up for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Taste and add more seasonings if needed. Enjoy!
If you have a favorite easy dinner recipe, share in the comments below! 😉 Thank you for reading!