Happy Friday everyone! I hope you’ve had a great week! I’ve been working on finishing up school this week! I only have three more days left! Hooray! It’s crazy how fast it has flown by. I’m also getting really excited for spring break! Kendall and I won’t be going anywhere since he has to work but we may try to go on a few hikes if the weather is nice! All I know is that I will definitely be taking a few days to relax and enjoy some time outside! It will be good. You’ll have to let me know in the comments if you’re doing anything fun for spring break?
Anyway, let’s get to the recipe! I think that you will like this soup! As with any soup, it’s easily customizable. You can swap out vegetables and add whatever you have on hand or whatever is in season.
Here are all of the vegetables! That’s one reason why I really love this soup because it’s packed with a variety of vegetables!
I’ve said this before but if it’s a crock-pot recipe it gets bonus points! I try to chop the vegetables the night before (except the potatoes) and then all I have to do is cook the meat and veggies before adding it all to the crock-pot. It makes for such an easy dinner!
- 2 TB avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 8-10 small potatoes (red or yellow), cubed
- 1 (28 oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1-quart beef broth
- 1 TB Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 handfuls of kale, chopped
- In a large skillet, add in the oil and turn the heat to medium. Once the oil is heated, add in the ground beef, cook until browned, drain beef if necessary. Next, add in the onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook vegetables for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add everything to the slow cooker. Wait to add in the green beans and kale until the last hour of cooking.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Once the green beans and potatoes are tender, taste the soup, and add in any additional seasonings, enjoy!
*Store in the fridge for 3-5 days. I recommend reheating on the stove. If you need to, you can always add extra broth when reheating.
Thank you for stopping by! Tag me on Instagram if you end up giving this recipe a try!