I’ve been on a breakfast kick lately. Usually, I’m pretty boring when it comes to breakfast. I either have scrambled eggs and toast, oatmeal with berries or a good ol’ smoothie! I don’t mix it up a whole ton, but lately, I’ve been trying different breakfast combinations, and I have to say, I’m really liking switching things up! Today, I thought it would be fun to share one of the recipes that I’ve been enjoying lately.
I like eating this recipe in the morning after I workout because it has a good combination of carbs, protein, and good fats. You could also eat this for lunch if you’d prefer.
Above are all my ingredients, minus the oil and the garlic powder. For this recipe, you could either use avocado oil or olive oil.
Kendall is the ultimate dicer so he usually does the chopping if he is home. He’s just so good at it! Don’t worry, I helped too but I had to grab a few photos for this post. haha!
I took a quick picture of the potatoes so that you could see the size that we chopped them. If you chop them smaller, they will cook faster. It just kind of depends on how much time you have to let them cook.
Here is the final dish! I topped mine with avocado and hot sauce but you could also add sausage, bacon, more greens or an egg on top. 🙂
- Olive Oil or avocado oil
- 3-4 medium or large yellow potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange or red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cups of spinach torn into small pieces
- Optional Toppings: avocado, egg, sausage, bacon or hot sauce
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a pan
- When the pan is hot, add potatoes (3-4 potatoes) and cover-cook for 15 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Add the bell pepper (1 pepper), onion (1 onion), garlic (2 garlic cloves), salt (1/2 teaspoon), pepper (1/2 teaspoon), garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon) and paprika (1/2 teaspoon).
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until potatoes and peppers are cooked.
- Add spinach and black beans, cook for a few more minutes.
- Taste and season some more, if needed.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings and enjoy!