Here we go! Another week, another recipe. 😉 I posted this last week on my Instagram stories and I had a lot of people message me asking for the recipe. I decided to put it on here to make it easily accessible for anyone who wants to try it. Before we get into the cooking/recipe, I want to tell you three reasons why I like making this meal:
- It’s incredibly EASY! You pretty much throw some chopped up vegetables in the oven, boil some eggs and whip up some sauce!
- It’s packed with ingredients that fill you up and give you energy.
- It’s a great meal to make when you have vegetables you need to use up. I used broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and potatoes but use what you have on hand and get creative with it!
Chopping the vegetables tends to be the tedious part of this recipe, but I usually just turn on some music and chop away!
Here is the sea salt I use and like! I use regular salt too, but this one is my favorite for cooking. 🙂
After the vegetables are all chopped and seasoned, I spread them out on a pan. I usually do carrots and potatoes on one side and then broccoli and cauliflower on the other side. The potatoes and carrots usually take a little longer to cook, but this time I decided to mix it all together and it still turned out great!
Here is the final dish! I top with eggs and cilantro sauce, but you could also add chicken or fish to this! I usually tend to save the meat for when I have more time to cook. Plus, I have to admit, sometimes simple is just what I need! 🙂
- 8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 golden or red potatoes, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- a big bunch of cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- the juice from half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- hard-boiled eggs
- chicken or any other protein
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roasted Vegetables: Arrange your vegetables onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Sauce: While the veggies are roasting, blitz up your sauce in the food processor or blender.
- Finish: Top with Eggs, avocado, chicken(optional) and cilantro sauce.
Well, there you have it. I hope you guys enjoy! If you give this recipe a try, let me know in the comments below! 🙂