Hey guys! Happy Friday! I’m pretty sure I say this in every post, but I can’t believe how fast this month has flown by! I finally started going back to the office for work (at the beginning of this month), I’m still doing school online, and Kendall and I have been doing small updates on our rental side. We have someone moving in on July 1st so we’ve been trying to get that done.
Anyway, I just wanted to give a brief update on what we’ve been up to. Besides school, work, and projects, I’ve been experimenting with a few different recipes. The other day, I wanted to use up some fresh blueberries that I had on hand so I decided to make blueberry muffins. While I was searching for a recipe, I didn’t find one that was dairy-free that I wanted to try, so I decided to experiment with a few different ingredients. I made some that I liked so I wanted to share it with you guys!
Here are the ingredients. I got the blueberries from the Farmer’s Market so they were so good!! I definitely recommend supporting and shopping at your local Farmer’s Market if you have one in your town. They always have the best produce (in my opinion).
I always mix my blueberries with a tablespoon of flour before mixing them into the batter. This makes it so the blueberries don’t sink to the bottom of the batter.
I used a cookie scoop to put my batter into the pan and it worked great! If you don’t have a cookie scoop, using a spoon will work great too.
The muffins fresh out of the oven! They were so good. I drizzled a small bit of honey on top and it was quite tasty.
- 1 ¾ white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or local honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt (you could also use Greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (you can add more if you’d like)
- 1 TB coconut sugar
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease your muffin pan with olive oil or spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups of the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Mix together with a whisk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup (or honey) and mix together. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 TB of flour (this helps prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom). Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. I used an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar or coconut sugar. Bake the muffins for 17-19minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack. Let cook for 5 minutes before enjoying. If you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for up to four days.
Tag me on Instagram if you end up trying this recipe. I love seeing your creations. Have a great weekend! 🙂